FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - (September 17, 2009)
NEC Releases Mobility and UC Productivity Enhancements for Growing Businesses
UNIVERGE SV8100 now enables customers to do more and go further with their communications investment
IRVING, TX, September 17, 2009 — NEC Unified Solutions, Inc. (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced communications solutions, today announced enhancements to the UNIVERGE® SV8100 communications server designed to enhance productivity, scalability and cost-savings for increasingly mobile, growth-oriented small and medium-sized businesses.
“As companies in the mid-market look to improve efficiencies in their business and position themselves for the recovering economy, we believe they are looking at investing in technologies that help them do more with less,” said Jay Krauser, general manager, core solutions and engineering, NEC Unified Solutions. “The enhancements to SV8100 allow these companies to more cost-effectively use advanced features, enabling greater employee connectivity and productivity.”
NEC’s UNIVERGE SV8100 enhancements provide the following benefits:
- Improved mobility and productivity features
- SV8100 users now have complete unified messaging capabilities.
- Caller ID enhancements allow mobile users to see caller information when simultaneous ringing is enabled.
- Users can also set call routing rules based on caller ID information.
- Enhanced cost-effectiveness with growth capability and ease of deployment
- Investments in UC applications go further as users can now link up to 16 networked SV8100 locations via Netlink.
- Remote IP desk phones are now easier to deploy and more cost effective on the SV8100.
- NEC IPK II users can leverage their current investment with two new SV8100 migration tools – a database migration tool that eliminates the need to re-key user data, and a new multipoint connectivity. Together, these tools enable companies to quickly and easily add the SV8100 to an existing network.
These feature enhancements are available to existing and new NEC customers using the UNIVERGE SV8100 in their businesses. For additional details, contact NEC or your authorized NEC dealer.
More information on NEC can be found at:
Twitter at www.twitter.com/NEC and @NEC
Facebook: NEC Unified Solutions
About NEC Unified Solutions
NEC Unified Solutions helps companies unify their business communications through innovative software, applications, development tools, and services. NEC offers a complete portfolio for unified communications, wireless, voice, data and managed services, as well as systems integration and application development. NEC Unified Solutions serves as the North American communications integration arm of global giant NEC Corporation for Fortune 1000, as well as small to mid-sized businesses in vertical markets such as hospitality, education, government, and healthcare. For more information, visit www.necunified.com.
NEC and UNIVERGE are registered trademarks of NEC Corporation. All other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.