FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - (March 23, 2010)
NEC’s UCE Portfolio Offers Improved Safety, Business Continuity and Simplified Administration
Emergency location management and on-site notification, virtualization, soft licensing, and LDAP integration help IT organizations drive communications efficiency and reliability
IRVING, TX, March 23, 2010 — NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading integrator and provider of advanced communications and technology solutions, today announced new features and enhancements to the UC for Enterprise (UCE) portfolio designed to help improve safety, drive business continuity, and bolster IT administrative efficiency. These solutions are being demonstrated this week at VoiceCon Orlando booth 609.
UCE Application Platform and UCE Administration
NEC’s UCE Application Platform (UNIVERGE OW5000), which hosts UCE applications and serves as the suite’s SIP presence engine, and UCE Manager (UNIVERGE MA4000), which provides a single point of entry for the system, have been updated with new safety, installation and integration features. These include:
- New Emergency Location Management and On-site Notification (EOSN), featuring improved visibility for security guards and 911 call handling; an enhanced location database that automatically follows voice over IP phones moved on the network; and National Emergency Number Association (NENA) formatted registry populating to the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) allowing accurate dispatching of time critical emergency services to the caller’s actual location.
- Virtualization allows IT departments to eliminate servers and reduce hardware overhead, streamlining deployment and maintenance. A new simplified installation wraps all UCE components on a pre-packaged box set for easier set up.
- Soft licensing to the License Manager for all UCE components allows customers to better manage software versions, updates, and migrations, avoiding dependencies on hardware dongles.
- Enhanced integration via lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP) with UCE Manager and UCE Application Platform further automates and simplifies directory population across the communications network in real time, saving valuable time for IT staff and enhancing contact data reliability for customer-facing end users.
- UCE Manager now offers range programming capabilities for multiple UNIVERGE SV8000 Series Communications Servers, allowing IT staff to remotely move, swap and renumber IP stations across a multi-location network.
“Businesses today have many priorities including the providing for the safety of employees, maintaining business continuity, and supplying tools for IT staff that are easy to use and implement,” said Jay Krauser, general manager, sales support and engineering, NEC. “We believe that these enhancements further cement our UCE portfolio as a solid, enterprise-class communications solution that help drive businesses toward more productive UC applications.”
More information on NEC can be found here:
Twitter at www.twitter.com/NEC and @NEC
Facebook fan page: NEC Unified Solutions
About NEC Corporation of America
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC Corporation of America is a leading provider of innovative IT, network and communications products and solutions for service carriers, Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including Healthcare, Government, Education and Hospitality. NEC Corporation of America delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications and biometric security. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with operations in 30 countries and more than $42 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
© 2010 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.