FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - (April 8, 2010)
NEC Expands Remote Managed Services with Telecom Expense Management
Hosted software solution with AnchorPoint helps business leaders identify opportunities for savings and efficiencies
IRVING, TX, April 8, 2010 — NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced communications solutions, today announced the availability of Managed Telecom Expense Management (TEM), powered by AnchorPoint, as part of its Managed and Lifecycle Services offerings. NEC uniquely integrates TEM business process management into its IT service management portal to enable C-level executives and other business leaders better control of telecom operating costs and expenses related to communication assets, such as equipment and services.
“The inclusion of process outsourcing, in the form of telecom expense management (TEM), in almost every major competitive proposal in the market ensures that many businesses will have great visibility into their telecommunications costs,” writes Eric Goodness, Research VP, in Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant for Communications Outsourcing and Professional Services, Worldwide,” published on March 3, 2010.
TEM encompasses the business processes conducted by IT and finance departments to acquire, provision and support communications services. NEC services can deliver a high return on investment (ROI) through process automation, active management and reporting for the following functions:
- Asset Management – provide a complete view of communication assets, and create and maintain a database of voice, wireless and data circuit inventory and associated billing services.
- Provisioning/Help Desk – serve as a single point of contact and leverage a central database of a customer’s inventory and contract information to help ensure the correct services are ordered at the right price and installed.
- Invoice Management – load invoices into the database, audit the billing rates and assets, and validate payment approvals based on customer business rules.
- Dispute Management – pursue refund for the customer and track credits and disputed amounts.
- Management Reports – monthly management reports to the customer through SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for telecom activity review and spend information. Dashboards available through Business Analytics accessible via the customer portal.
- Contract Management Services – monitor and audit invoices and transactions against contract rates as well as contract expiration dates in order to optimize customer cost savings.
- Shared Savings Assessment Services – one time or historical telecom bill audit and recovery, contract negotiations, and wireless optimization as part of a full set of share savings assessment services.
“TEM is a natural extension of NEC’s Managed and Lifecycle Services, and by collaborating with a proven industry leader like AnchorPoint, we will enable customers to centralize management, align purchasing decisions with business goals, and potentially uncover revenue sources that can be used to reinvest in enterprise communications,” said Paul Lopez, general manager, operations planning and development, NEC. “Our customers can have important insight into both network optimization and cost optimization within a single portal.”
More information on NEC can be found here:
Twitter at www.twitter.com/NEC and @NEC
Facebook fan page: NEC Corporation of America
About NEC Corporation of America
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC Corporation of America is a leading provider of innovative IT, network and communications products and solutions for service carriers, Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including Healthcare, Government, Education and Hospitality. NEC Corporation of America delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications and biometric security. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with operations in 30 countries and more than $42 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
© 2010 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.