FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - (October 18, 2011)
NEC Showcases Education Solutions to Help Higher Education Unlock Potential at EDUCAUSE 2011
NEC sustainable building, video collaboration and more offer easy answers to common education institutions’ everyday challenges
Irving, Texas – October 18, 2011 – NEC Corporation of America (NEC) this week is showcasing new solutions for higher education at EDUCAUSE 2011 in Philadelphia. These new solutions integrate off-the-shelf products in customized, turn-key systems to manage energy consumption, security and provide video collaboration.
“Higher education organizations are faced with unique challenges and tight IT budgets, yet they have a common need to unlock potential across the campus,” said Sydney Burton, senior vertical practice manager for education enterprise solutions for NEC. “NEC offers customized solutions designed to meet individual education institutions’ challenges, such as lowering energy costs through monitoring, or leveraging cloud and virtualized resources to enhance the learning experience through video collaboration. NEC also works hand in hand with educators and third-party providers to offer the best solutions, while harnessing NEC’s education expertise and deep services capabilities.”
EDUCAUSE is one of the industry’s largest and most important annual gatherings of CIOs and senior IT leaders from across the education industry. NEC will be exhibiting at booth 1027 in the Pennsylvania Convention Center and showcasing the following solutions:
- NEW – Sustainable Building Solution - NEC helps customers quickly identify energy waste, reduce energy usage and costs while lowering carbon emissions. Once energy issues are identified and controlled, NEC monitors, analyzes and manages all network-connected devices and systems in the distributed office, data center and facilities environments through an agent-less, network-based enterprise energy management system.
- NEW – Video Collaboration – Through its relationship with EnabledWare, NEC’s offers video collaboration solutions to build a communications architecture comprised of server- and cloud-based products designed to blend the classroom with the outside world and enhance the learning experience. Leveraging video on demand, cataloging and sharing, video streaming, and telepresence, NEC creates a collaborative classroom environment no longer limited by physical walls or time.
- Biometrics – Using NEC’s proven biometric technology and decades of experience in providing identification technologies to law enforcement, educators can help ensure the identities of student and faculty members in a number of campus settings, such as lab access, testing security and secure data access.
- Business Analytics – Support data-driven decision making, including budgeting, forecasting and fundraising efforts, with NEC’s software solution that transforms volumes of data from multiple sources into meaningful, actionable information.
- Unified Communications – Leverage NEC UC solutions to automate processes, allow improved staff productivity, help enhance customer service and simplify student, faculty and staff communications across the campus.
- Data Center Optimization – Virtualize servers, consolidate operations, help improve efficiency and reduce energy footprint with NEC’s custom data center solutions designed to meet rapidly expanding data storage and bandwidth needs in education.
- Data Security – NEC can help education institutions manage risk, reduce data center cost and meet regulatory compliance with its security services. NEC’s security services include identity and access management, PCI assessment and regulatory compliance; implementation and reinforcement of policies, procedures and new technologies to help mitigate risk of data loss and associated cost and take advantage of operational efficiencies with cross-organizational collaboration.
- OpenFlow – NEC’s ProgrammableFlow leverages the OpenFlow protocol to create Software-Defined Network (SDN) virtualization, allowing NEC customers to deploy, control, monitor, and manage multi-tenant network infrastructure. NEC’s approach simplifies network administration and provides a programmable interface for unifying the deployment and management of network services with the rest of IT infrastructure.
More information on NEC can be found here:
Twitter at www.twitter.com/NEC and @NEC
Facebook fan page: www.necam.com/facebook
EDUCAUSE Booth #1027
About NEC Corporation of America
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC Corporation of America is a leading provider of innovative IT, network and communications products and solutions for service carriers, Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including Healthcare, Government, Education and Hospitality. NEC Corporation of America delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications and biometric security. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with operations in 30 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
© 2011 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.